Thursday 18 April 2013

How To Use MTN BIS to Browse on PC (Tested and Working Fine)

Recently I shared with you a post on to How to Browse with MTN BIS on a PC or Desktop Computer. In that post, I mentioned a software called Spotflux, which enables you successfully connect to the internet via your MTN BIS plan. Today, I will be sharing with a new settings that does not require any software or VPN settings to work.
MTN BIS on PC
I learned about it few hours ago, and tried it with my MTN BIS which is currently running and it worked! This settings is equivalent with the one I wrote on Airtel BIS on PC, so if you have read the post before now you won't find it hard, truth is that is just too simple.

How to Get Started

Step 1: First things first, recharge your normal N1,500 for full month plan and then text BBC to 21600 or if you wish to do the weekly plan, you recharge N500 and then text BBCWEEK to 21600.

Step 2: Normally, you will need to confirm if your subscription was successful, so you can proceed to the next stage.

Step 3: Once you have confirm that, remove the SIM card from your phone and insert it in your USB 3G Modem and then create a new profile using the following settings:

Connection Name: MTN BIS
APN : blackberry.net
Access No: *99#
Username: web
Password: web

Now save the settings and set it as your default Profile and then connect to the internet. It should work perfectly just as it did for me.

Note: Glo recently stopped their BIS from working on a PC, based on this note, I am having the same feeling that MTN may at any moment do same. So I advice you check this out and try using it while the offer lasts. Meanwhile, Airtel BIS on a PC is working perfectly and so far there is no sign of withdrawing the service, though anything can happen!

Let me know what you think in comments...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment